Monday, August 16, 2010

Pulled Pork Injury!!

There's a new season of America's Next Top Model coming up and I know you'll all be shocked that I'm not trying out. It's been nearly three weeks since my surgery and I am clearly on the fast-track to hotness. I mean, check out what I have to offer:
  • Legs that have not been shaved because of the whole "hip restrictions and bloodthinners" thing. Well, that and they're longer than the "Clan of the Cave Bears" saga and I have trouble reaching them at the best of times.
  • Legs that have not been moisturized on account of said hip restrictions, making me a more ideal contestant for America's Next Top She-Lizard.
  • A uniform of dri-fit shorts and workout T-shirts accented with dried noodles and honey-mustard sauce. Stylish and tasty! Bra not included!
  • The finishing bag-lady touch: stained, falling-apart Mary Janes, which are the only slip-on shoes that don't give me blisters.
  • Stress-induced eczema! Don't worry, it just looks like ringworm!
  • The red-hot three-weeks-post-surgery strut, coming to live from that catwalk known as "the block around my house."
Oh yeah. I know you're feeling it.

But today, I took hotness to a whole new level. For the past few weeks, my poor mom has had to slave away making me meals. (Thanks, mom!) On today's menu: pulled pork sandwiches. Now, pulled pork and I have a long and storied romance. Half of the world's greatest love songs could have been written about my feelings towards this dish. You could literally put pulled pork on ice cream and I would be down with it.

These days are not exactly filled with epic highs. I mean, the zenith of last week was eating those Swedish Fish candies. So you can imagine my emotional state leading into this moment of pulled porkery. I already had my stretchy eatin' pants on. I picked up my sandwich expecting a warm, gooey, sweet bite of pulled-pork awesomeness. Instead, here's what I got:

A first-degree burn from molten BBQ sauce on my face and hand! Yes, I sustained a pulled pork injury. When porky goodness attacks! Unnatural! I have given pulled pork only love and respect and this is how I get repaid? Pulled pork is supposed to bring only joy, comfort and occasionally mild-to-moderate gastrointestinal distress when it is served in certain dim sum restaurants that are now out of business. Because what I really needed to bring my attractiveness quotient to the next level was a burn that looks like I have some sort of sexually transmitted ulcer. Thank you, life! Thank you very much.

4 comments:

  1. A similar injury was sustained by myself two weeks ago when I lustily bit into an oyster burger and hot boiliing fish juice blistered the skin beside my lip.

    Hot oyster herpes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you and pulled pork can work through this, and resume your passionate love affair in the near future. Forget nothing but forgive everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, I suspect that forgiveness is only a BBQ pork bun away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Color has been one of the selling points for Cheap Trx.
    In general, a unisex or gender neutral appearance; a man or woman can wear black-on-black Trx Suspension Training and not look too masculine or feminine.
    This is a popular brand of TRX suspension trainer and with good reason.
    This brand offers one of the best TRX For Sale in the world in an exciting range of cutting-edge designs, styles and colors.
    Another make of may use harder, cheaper metals, which could scratch and damage genuine Trx Workouts Another make of may use harder, cheaper metals, which could scratch and damage genuine Trx Workouts With the Murano Trx Workouts, the genuine article has been heat treated to be extremely tough and durable.
    This oversaturation in the market has companies fighting to get hold of trx suspension training, inspiring them to take measures which are usually not seen in the conventional purchasing environment.
    When supply outweighs demand you would uncover a fundamental economic law which would steer down the price of cheap trx for sale so as to generate greater sales.
    Color has been one of the selling points for TRX Workouts Sale.

    ReplyDelete