Monday, January 25, 2010

Snakes on a Cane!

The hunt for a new cane continues and you know what? For once the ads on the side of my blog did something more than make me think, "Wow, clicking on link that could probably give my computer a rash." Today, one of the ads on "Young and Hip" was for "Kentucky Walking Sticks." I clicked it and what to my wondering eyes did appear but....a hand-carved walking stick....with a glow-in-the-dark snake carved around it. (!!!). I don't even need a sword in my cane if I have a glow-in-the-dark snake hanging out there being like, "Dude. You think I'm scary now. Wait until the lights go out. I'll go radioactive on your ass."

Imagine the fun at movie theaters. They're going to have to change the announcement to, "For the courtesy of others, please turn off your cell phones and refrain from wiggling your glow-in-the-dark snake cane at young children as if to make it dance." It's like a nightlight and a weapon and a mobility aid rolled into one. You cannot go wrong with a snake cane. Well, of course, unless you're planning on going on a date. I have a hard time picturing some guy saying, "Hey, check out the glow-in-the-dark snake on that one! She's like a sexy Jaffar from Aladin! I'd sure like to give her a magic carpet ride."

Ok, so the symbolism is wrong, but it's a good thought. CaneWatch2010 continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment